Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Weekly Poll Wednesdays!!!

I'd have to say the inaugural edition of Weekly Poll Wednesdays went pretty well. The number of respondents was modest, but the sample set was skewed by the fact that most of the country, and the world for that matter, have yet to discover the sheer gulliness that is Can I Live? Still, the results were actually quite wide-reaching in other ways. Geographically speaking, votes were cast from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, California, and Washington, D.C. Last week I made the argument that it is not, in fact, necessary to shower daily. Not if we're being honest with ourselves. And I have to say, the proof is in the pudding:

Of course! (7.1%)
No, not if we're being honest with ourselves (64.3%)
Justin, what is wrong with you? (28.6%)

Only time will tell as to whether or not this poll actually does shape the future of human hygiene. Like I said last week, what do you think the cavemen did? Showering daily they surely were not! And they still survived with relative success. Last night I was discussing this very topic with a young lady at the bar. Needless to say she was mortified. The prospect of not showering daily was so mind boggling that for a short time it appeared as if her head was about to explode. Well take that, Whateveryournameis! Nearly two-thirds of America agrees with me! This is why I seldom speak to women.

**************************************

I had quite a bit of difficulty selecting this week's new poll question. Originally, I was going to continue in the same vein as the previous poll. That is, the Three S's of Saturday Night Preparation: shit, shower, and shave. The question was going to be in regard to shitting in public. The answer choices would have been something like "I have no problem with it," "Never," and "Only in emergency German scheisse situations." Then I remembered that women don't have bowel movements and, since I didn't wish to disclude half of my potential respondents, decided to scrap the idea. With that said, the official Weekly Poll Wednesday question centers on American Idol. I love this show and frankly couldn't care less if you don't. Who do you think will win? The results of voting in this poll are potentially more important that voting for the contestants themselves. Let your voices be heard, America. Vote early and often!

No comments: