Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Weekly Poll Wednedsays!!!

The name of the game this week has been silly exclamations. I'm quite fond of them. If you're not, you're stupid. There are many of them, but I only listed four. here's the results:

By the hammer of Thor! (33.3%)
Sweet baby James! (0%)
Great Caesar's ghost! (50%)
Jumpin' Jehosaphat! (16.7%)


By the hammer of Thor! is my personal favorite. Matter of fact, I used to proclaim it rather loudly from my desk while in the office, back when being in an office was something I did. Few people "got" my humor, but I didn't care. Most of those people are already dead and they just don't know it yet. Anyway, a solid number of you disagreed with me. I suspect the reason Great Caesar's ghost! did so well here is because it is the exclamation heard most often amongst the choices in this poll. That's pretty lame. Let's start thinking outside the box, here. Jesus!

The wildcard from last week's WPW installment was the contest to find the best silly exclamation not included in the poll. It was quite a chore sifting through hundreds of responses. Sheesh! After much deliberation, Mister Shambles a.k.a. Shampton is the big winner. The winning exclamation is Heavens to Murgatroid!...fantastic work, Shampton. Let's all give him a round of applause! I told you the winner would get a prize. I have to admit, there is no prize. There never was. Chalk it up to a lesson learned: you can't believe everything you read on les internets. I suppose, in retrospect, that this gem of knowledge is your prize. Cherish it forever.

******************

I think we need to switch things up a bit with this week's question. There's been a string of meaningless polls lately. I'd like to get serious with y'all, if I can. This week we're striving for a consensus on the most destructive religion. Is it Christianity? Islam? Judaism? Are nonbelievers more dangerous than those of faith? Also, how does one define "destructive"? Are we looking at things in terms of body count or how a particular religion shaped its peoples' culture and times? Are recent or historical events weighed more heavily? There are so many questions! I'm not answering them for you, either; this is left open-ended on purpose. Go ahead and vote. Let's start a discussion in the comment thread as well. Also, if you're a religious fanatic and are thinking of killing me, please don't. Thank you.

No comments: