Thursday, February 5, 2009

Weekly Poll Wednesdays!!!

This poll business is absurd on a number of counts, not least of which are the facts that the polls are seldom posted on Wednesdays and almost never posted weekly. For instance, today is Thursday, and it's been roughly two months since I last bothered to deal with this nonsense. Truth be told, I'm kinda getting tired of the idea. Yet here I am ready to half-ass it once more for no one in particular. Last time I queried as to how I would best be described . You chose:

Nihilist (56%)
Narcissist (22%)
Must I really look these words up (22%)
Pariah (0%)
Plutocrat (0%)

At first glance, this appears to be a win for my readership; I would have figured way more than 22% of you wouldn't know what these words meant and opt for the cop out answer. But when you take into account that no one chose the latter two possibilities, it becomes obvious none of you fools know what you're talking about. Clearly I'm both pariah and plutocrat, so disagreements can't be to blame here. It's an indictment of the American education system, really. Tsk tsk. Anyway, no doubt those who voted recalled nihilist and narcissist as vocab words from high school English in some deep recess of their minds, and hence clicked one of those. For the record, while I am quite fond of myself, I do also lack a feeling of purpose. We're all ants in a maze... For that, I'd have to cosign on the results of this poll.

**************************

I racked my brain for almost a full thirty seconds before settling on this new poll question. It's rather thought provoking. Not really, but we must have a poll. Do you like me? Yes, no? I can see where this one's going. But I'll go ahead with it regardless. Let your voices be heard. Just remember my blood could be on your hands. Just kidding.

No comments: