Saturday, April 19, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

The subtitle of this post should be "The Story Of My Life" but that's too depressing content-wise for this otherwise joyful blog. I chose the main title because I'm bored and just feel like typing. Mostly my posts have a purpose but isn't this the point of blogging, to get one's raw feelings out on "paper"? I guess I don't really care, I'm gonna do it regardless. Right now it's almost 3am Saturday morning. I'm pretty bored. I've been on a Freecell kick, but I'm starting to get a little tipsy to risk my 35-game win streak. Some of you might not know how serious I am about Freecell. In short, I am very serious about it. There's no way not to sound conceited; I'm likely one of the best players you know. Holler.

I went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall in the theater tonight. This has got to be the first time in years I've been sober in a movie theater on a weekend night. It was well worth it though. The movie was actually extremely good. I expected to like it, but was surprised even still with its high caliber. Judd Apatow's humor isn't for everyone but I do generally like it. Overall, I'd have to say this was better than his others (40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad). It's the perfect blend of raw and romantic comedy. I love this new trend mixing raunchy comedy and gaysha flicks. Beautiful. It's hard to get laugh-out-loud funny nowadays, not often anyway; here you do. I really liked this movie. I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.

Afterward I came home after dropping my friend off. The sheer freedom of being sober enough to drive on a Friday night was exhilarating. Of course, it took me more than 30 minutes to find a parking space in Hoboken at 12:30am. No matter...I was rocking out to Foo Fighters and loving it. Speaking of which, I'm listening to a live Oasis CD right now. Fuck those who sleep on Oasis. They're my favorite band. Both groups are headlining the Virgin Festival Toronto in September. I'm definitely going...but I also plan on posting a summer music schedule once all lineups are announced. There are several noteworthy dates. Hopefully it'll mobilize some of you to come along. There's nothing like a life-changing music experience, right? Stay tuned for that post.

I got home and made myself a drink. Relaxed, tooled around on les internets, drank my vodka and juice....repeated steps. This is my life. It's not hard to see why I'm so bored. Will someone please entertain me??? I'll just drink and post randomness on this blog until then. It's not so depressing though...I just realized raspberry vodka livens up my orange-strawberry-banana cocktail more than regular vodka. Exciting times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

40 game win streak in freecell until my douche of a roomate deleted my records
count it
since I have only been able to get up to 28
and i have a 73% win rate with 2000 games played.
btw i was inspired to take up freecell after i once saw you playing it and decided it was a game for the Gods.
so props to you
-Rob