Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Top 10 CDs of 2007

Music is terrible nowadays. We're at an all-time low. It used to be one could hardly scratch one's balls without first brushing aside some awesome music. Now a muhfucka's got to search far and wide to find some hot shit. This point is perfectly illustrated by the fact that I could only come up with 17 worthy candidates for this list, and one of them technically came out in 2006! Before I reveal said list, I'd like to make something clear. This is not a list of my favorite albums, like the still forthcoming Top 25 favorite CDs list I keep talking about. These ten discs are the best to come out from last year. It is not my opinion; it is my fact.

For that reason, you will not find any hipster bullshit on here. There is no The Shins on my list. You will not be able to locate Okkervil River, mostly because I don't know if Okkervil River is a band or one person. If it's the latter, what kind of first name is Okkervil? For the same token, you will not find any Lil Wayne mixtapes. Dirty South hip hop is garbage. On to the list...

  1. Incubus - Light Grenades
  2. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
  3. Pharoahe Monch - Desire
  4. R.S. Foster - You Stole My Jiggy
  5. Little Brother - Getback
  6. 9th Wonder - The Dream Merchant Vol. 2
  7. The White Stripes - Icky Thump
  8. Ghostface - The Big Doe Rehab
  9. Talib Kweli - Eardrum
  10. Redman - Red Gone Wild

Bonus jam from my man Foster below. Bastard Sons doin' big things this year. Enjoy.

R.S. Foster - Oh Foster You Don't Know!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.